The last second day of our trip was one museum after another… since they were all inside the same building! First off, Trickeye Museum followed by Ice Museum.
The Ice Museum wasn’t really big they had some nice sculptures that you can hop into for photo taking.
We also checked out the Love Museum… it’s adult themed so Shiya has to stay outside :X
The famous playground that appeared numerous times in K-Dramas 🙂 I think it’s the first time that I came here! Kyochon chicken was nearby so that became our very late lunch!
The mural caught our attention obviously 🙂
Bonjuk Insadong. Finally got to try it out. It was all over the place in Boys Over flowers :X but this wasn’t the same store that was featured in the drama. Hearty porridge for dinner. Yum!
Day 6 (Mar 19, Thu) Hongdae,
Apgujeong, Sinsa, Gangnam
- Wake up 8am and prepare. Proceed to Hongdae Station.
- Trick Eye Museum & Ice Museum
Directions: From Exit 9 of Hongdae Station (Subway Line 2), walk straight for 200m towards the Starbucks coffee shop.
Address: Seoul-si Mapo-gu Seogyo-dong, 357-1 Seogyo Plaza B02-01
Entry: 15,000 won adults / 12,000 won for under 18
Opening: Daily 09:00 – 21:00 (last admission at 8pm).
The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (only if interested)
How to Get There: Take Subway Line 2 to Hongik University, and go out of Exit 4 a Turn right into Seven Springs corner and pass the intersection a At the 3-way intersection, turn left a Walk about 100 meters on the road above the playground and walk towards the road on the right side a Walk about 500 meters until you find the coffee shop on the right.
Get off Hongik Univ. Station Exit 8, walk towards the bus stop, ride the MAPO-9 bus (going towards 망원유수지–신촌전철역 — it’s 6 stops from the station, if you’re not confident in reading Korean, count the stops!). When you get off, walk towards the street that goes slightly downhill (the street is called Wausan-ro 29-gil), you’ll see the cafe to your left. It’s a 1-min walk from the bus stop.
- Hongdae Park, Playground, Free Market (open from 1pm on Saturdays only.)
- The playground located in front of Hongik Univ.’s entrance. One of Hongdae’s landmarks.
- Flea markets, band performances, and various events are held here.
- Galleries, museums, and nightlife surround the playground.
- Playground 19-3, Wausan-ro 21-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Line 2 Hong-ik Univ. Stn. Exit 9 Walk 600 towards Hongik Univ. Entrance→across the street from the main entrance
Style Nanda Flagship Store
- Address: 23, Wausan-ro 29da-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul. Telephone +82-2-333-9215
- Line 2 Hong-ik Univ. Stn. Exit 8 and 9 500m
- Lunch Famous Korean Pancake Restaurant (참새방앗간) Hongdae Subway Station Exit 8.
- Address : 129-1, Eoulmadang-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Korean pan cake and chicken stew
- Thanks Nature Café (땡스 네이쳐) (only if interested – cafe with sheep)
- Address : Seoul, Mapo-Gu, Seogyo-Dong 486 B1 Open Hours: 1100-2200hrs (All days of year) Telephone No : (82) 02-335-7470
- How to go there : Hongdae University Station (Seoul subway Line 2) Exit 9, Walk straight until you reached cross junction and turn left. Walk around 5 minutes you will find out this café on your left side at the basement.
- Hello Kitty Cafe (헬로키티 카페)
- Address : 94-3, Eoulmadang-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Time : 1100-2400hrs Sun~Thurs / 1100-0200hrs Fri~Sat
- Phone : 82 2 334 6570
- Proceed to Sinsa (Garosugil), then Gangnam/Apgujeong
Garosu-gil is hip and trendy new place in Gangnam. Many celebs spotted in this area.
- GETTING TO GAROSU-GIL: Sinsa Station (Line 3), Exit 8. Walk straight for three blocks (approximately 250m) and turn left onto Garosu-gil.
- The 화원 서울시 강남구 신사동 가로수길. +82 2-542-5565
- Yeolbong Jjimdak 열봉찜닭 – Se7en’s Chicken Stew Restaurant. The restaurant is on your right on level 2.
- 8seconds Garosugil flagship store: 535-12 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu
- Youk Shim Won: Main Shop: 546-9, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea. Tel +82 2 511 2187 (Open 11am – 9pm)
Sinsa Station (Line 3), Exit 8. Garosu-gil. Walk straight for 750m.
- Kona Beans (코나빈스)
Address : 13, Apgujeong-ro 42-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Apgujeong MCM Flagship store.
Address: 412, Apgujeong-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Operating Hours: 11:00-20:30 (Open all year round)